- Hairdressing Show11 March 2014 Carshalton College hosted their annual hairdressing competition on...
- Carshalton College's Chef...11 March 2014 Are you the next Jamie Oliver or Michel Roux? Carshalton College...
- Carshalton College students at...11 March 2014 The Big Bang is the largest celebration of science,...
- What's New in March and April4 March 2014 There are currently some exciting offers available to customers of...
VTCT Level 3 NVQ Apprenticeship in Hairdressing (QCF)
VTCT Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing (QCF)
Mon 2.00pm - 9.00pm
Description of the course
Advanced Apprentices take the skills they learnt at Level 2 a step further by developing their cutting and colouring skills so they can carry out all the latest fashion techniques. Opportunities also exist to have more senior job roles in the hairdressing industry leading to salon management and ownership.
Coursework, assignments, practical assessments, written assessments, workplace assessment, portfolio building, exams.
What can I do after the course?
Progression from the Advanced Apprenticeship can be to Higher Education and Foundation degrees and Honour degrees in Hairdressing Salon Management.
Cost*Fees are not normally paid by 16 to 18 year olds but please contact the College before enrolling.
Tuition Fee: £3345
Employer Contribution for 19-24: £400
Exam Fee: £69
Health and Safety (Mandatory): £18.5
The framework consists of:
- VTCT NVQ Level 3 in Hairdressing
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills
- Promote additional services or products to customers
- Provide a variety of relaxing services
- Creatively style and dress African/European hair type
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of techniques
- Colour hair using a combination of techniques
- Health and Safety
Optional units - two to be selected
- Provide colour correction services
- Provide creative hair extension services
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
Candidates who have previously completed a full Level 2 hairdressing qualification.
Anyone working, a minimum of 30 hours per week paid employment, in a hairdressing salon.
This course, at the moment, incurs no fees for 16-18 year old student. An Employer fee will be charged for 19+ and Adult Apprentices.