- A Jazzy opening at Carshalton...2 September 2015 The sweet sounds of traditional jazz will soon be drifting through...
- New Motor Sports Diplomas26 August 2015 New Motor Sports Diplomas now available BTEC Level 2 Diploma...
- New Aidan Phelan Academy Open...26 August 2015 We are thrilled to announce the opening of a brand new Aidan...
- Carshalton appoints engineering...20 August 2015 South London would-be Electrical & Electronic and civil...
VTCT Level 3 NVQ Advanced Apprenticeship in Hairdressing (QCF)
VTCT Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing (QCF)
Mondays 2.00pm - 9.00pm
Description of the course
Advanced Apprentices take the skills they learnt at Level 2 a step further by developing their cutting and colouring skills so they can carry out all the latest fashion techniques. Opportunities also exist to have more senior job roles in the hairdressing industry leading to salon management and ownership.
Coursework, assignments, practical assessments, written assessments, workplace assessment, portfolio building, exams.
What can I do after the course?
Progression from the Advanced Apprenticeship can be to Higher Education courses - for example, Foundation Degrees and Honour Degrees in Hairdressing Salon Management.
Cost*Fees are not normally paid by 16 to 18 year olds but please contact the College before enrolling.
Employer Contribution for 25+: £1000
Employer Contribution for 19-24: £400
The framework consists of:
- VTCT NVQ Level 3 in Hairdressing
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills
- Promote additional services or products to customers
- Provide a variety of relaxing services
- Creatively style and dress African and European hair types
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of techniques
- Colour hair using a combination of techniques
- Health and Safety
Optional units - two to be selected
- Provide colour correction services
- Provide creative hair extension services
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
Candidates who have previously completed a full Level 2 hairdressing qualification.
Anyone working, a minimum of 30 hours per week paid employment, in a hairdressing salon.
This course currently incurs no fees for 16-18 year old students. An Employer fee will be charged for 19+ and Adult Apprentices.
If you are an employer and interested in any of our Apprenticeships for your staff, please email our dedicated Enterprise and Employment Zone team or call them on 020 8268 2861.