- Community Day at Carshalton...18 June 2013 It is time to celebrate with Carshalton College at their Community...
- Student receives highly...18 June 2013 Congratulations to catering student Nelson Dombele who was highly...
- VQ Learner of the Year5 June 2013 Congratulations to Georgina Millington who has been awarded the VQ...
- Way to Work Awards Ceremony4 June 2013 Students in Years 10 and 11 from a number of Sutton's...
Introduction to Music Technology
One Wednesday evening session from 6.00pm-8.00pm
Description of the course
This course is designed to give technical and creative industry-standard skills in the use of computers in music (sampling, sequencing, editing etc.) and the use of a recording studio. Students will learn to use industry recognised software.
Progress is recorded as you complete the elements of the course. There is plenty of guidance. The qualification is not assessment led, and is based on practical coursework outcomes.
What can I do after the course?
Students may progress to our full-time time courses in Music Technology, Art, Media or Multimedia, subject to entry requirements
Cost*Fees are not normally paid by 16 to 18 year olds but please contact the College before enrolling.
Tuition Fee: £110
- Understanding the applications of music technology
- Use of MIDI sequencing
- Use of different recording studio techniques
- Use of audio sampling and sequencing
The course is based in the College's purpose built modern Creative Industries Centre, which incorporates a recording studio, digital editing suites for audio and video, and multimedia computing suites. All areas have latest non-linear digital audio and video editing equipment.
This is a practical programme aimed at an adult evening class market, and as such has no formal entry requirements. However, the notional level of the programme is equivalent to GCSE grade C+.
Students will be expected to demonstrate ability at this level by the end of the programme.
The course is aimed at adult learners (19+) wishing to gain a comprehensive up skilling in music technology and studio applications.